We are very proud to announce that our very own Sam Lalonde will be presenting at WordCamp Ottawa 2017! Sam is a Campaign Manager and Strategist at Bloom.
His presentation, Fast & Deadly: WordPress Websites Need To be Mobile Friendly: An Advertiser’s Perspective, provides global and Canadian-specific facts and figures about how we are failing people visiting our websites and also covers the ways we can be improving our WordPress websites.
People attending Sam’s presentation will:
- Understand that our websites are slow
- Understand that our websites are not mobile friendly
- Understand why these two things are problems
- Understand how we can go about fixing our slow and mobile unfriendly websites
- Understand the importance of getting our WordPress websites to be mobile friendly and load quickly
At the end of the day, we want our client’s websites to do the things they were designed to do (capture leads, generate sales, or just get people reading) and Sam’s presentation underscores the importance fast loading and mobile-friendly websites. WordPress has 59.1% market share with Joomla coming in second at 6.9%, so this is the audience to be speaking to.
Hosted at Carleton University, WordCamp is a locally organized conference that focuses on all things WordPress. It’s goal: to provide an opportunity for people to come together and discuss WordPress, learn from each other, network and have a great time doing it!
If you are WordCamp Ottawa, don’t be shy and say “hi” to Sam! #wcott
Read it first:
Get every Bloom delivered fresh to you inbox